Friday 15 February 2013

Three Islands...the party continues!

Well its fair to say i've had it quite easy being with my friends on the Thai Islands. Louise, Kerry and I travelled together to Koh Phangan, Koh Samui and Koh Tao after finally but reluctantly leaving Koh Phi Phi.


Our first stop was Koh Phangan. If it wasn't for the Full Moon party on the 26th January we probably would have stayed in Phi Phi. We were staying in different accommodation as we had to book a few weeks in advance and I couldn't change mine. I stayed at a resort called V-View. It was beautiful but because I had messed the owner around with adding friends (who said they were coming and didn't) and taking them off again, I ended up having to pay for a deluxe bungalow at the price of £28 per night instead of my original bungalow of £18 per night. (Its always more expensive when the parties are on).


That night we headed out to the pool party at Coral Bungalows. It was good fun but when i'd had a few drinks too many and no guys showing any remote interest in me but did in the girls, I was pissed off and wanted to go home. It was a good night though. 



The next day I was hungover so I stayed in bed and dozed all day. On the day of the Full Moon, Lou and Kerry came to my resort and we chilled on the beach. Fifteen beers later (between us of course) we were on our way for a great night. 

15 bottles of beer on the beach....15 bottles of beer... la la la
I got ready with my 'Full Moon' outfit (illuminous pink shorts and yellow vest top...I looked like an eighties throw-back lol!) and headed to their's to get painted up. Louise was hammered and still drinking and with me and Kerry sober by this point I thought it was going to be a loooooong night. Finally, we headed to Haadrin Beach at 11:30pm. It was total chaos! Thousands of people there and we spent most of the night trying not to lose each other and grabbing onto Lou when she wondered off. We got our usual bucket of Sansung (rum) and coke but the problem was that Kerry kept saying 'quick drink it before Lou has some and gets even more wasted'. I was careful but Kerry wasn't. A few buckets later and Kerry was smashed! By this time, Lou had sobered up somewhat so she could look after Kerry. We all headed off home.
The Full Moon party was good BUT....it wasn't Phi Phi.





Our next destination was Koh Samui. The ferry ride there was like being on a rollercoater! It flew up high on the waves and fell back to the Sea with a bang. Passengers were slowly but surely turning green one by one and dashing to the toilet, including Lou and Kerry. I was ok until we were nearly there. I wasn't a massive fan of this place but the English pubs did a crackin steak pie and chips. It was here i'd come down with a cold so I mostly stayed in bed. I did venture out to the beach a couple of times though but I was sick of partying....believe it or not. I needed to save money too so I was happy staying in watching Law & Order and Criminal Minds on Universal haha! I was that lazy that I even ordered McDonalds takeaway!


On the night I did go out, it was great. However, it ended badly. One minute I was dancing and chatting with the girls (which I remember), the next minute I hit the deck (which I didn't remember). Apparently, a couple of guys got me into a taxi and with the girls, they took me home and carried me to bed! Kerry said she remembers that I was drinking from another guy's bucket at one point and thinks it was spiked. I still don't know if it was too much drink or if Kerry was right but I have never ever passed out on a night out and not remembered. Plus, spiking is big on the islands. I don't know. That was a turning point for me.


Before the night went blank.
We left Koh Samui and headed to our final island...Koh Tao. It was beautiful and a massive change from Samui. Sairee Beach was a lovely village with plently of shops, restaurants, bars and an ok beach. We headed to Choppers bar and got some food. There we say that England were playing Scotland in the 6 Nations that evening and with Kerry being Scottish it would be fun.

Winning.....
We headed on out later that night (usually 10 – 11pm we went out) and arrived at Choppers. It was heaving. We found some Scots for Kerry to talk to and it turned out that both lads (not friends) were from nearby towns from hers! They knew her friends can you believe lol! England won of course and we headed out to celebrate and for Kerry to drown her sorrows haha! In the next bar we drank and played pool. I won the first doubles game (me and this random guy called Chris) then we played each other and I beat him again! I was having a great night. He was that impressed that he really started to chat me up. Yeah....I got some smooches! He was really nice looking too. After there, we headed to the pool which turned out to be the Office Bar at night. It was going great until he pulled his todger out in front of his mates and told me to get on my knees and....you know (sorry grandad lol). I told him to piss off and called it a night.

Kerry with the 2 Scots
Its true what they say lol!  Guess which one of the boys this is.....?
The next few days were pretty much pool, beach and party (well, for the girls at least). I'd gotten a little sunstroke so I stayed in for a few nights. On Kerry's last night (she was off the Oz the next day) the two of us went out. Lou was really ill. It was my birthday at midnight so we headed to Lotus bar on the beach then the Office. It was supposed to be an early one as she was leaving at 9am the next morning. Yeah, we rolled in at 7am! She was still fucked when I was dragging her out of bed at 8:45am lol!


Fire shows...inc drunkerds jumping through a ring of fire
And then there was 2. My birthday was pretty quiet. Lou was still really ill, so much so that I insisted we go to the clinic. She had to have chest x-rays as they suspected bronchitis or pnemonia. Luckily (if thats the right word), it was a bad chest infection. We chilled out that day in the room and she treated me to takeaway pizza for tea.



The next day she was feeling a little better and celebrated my birthday. We chilled on the beach and in the evening we went to the ladyboy cabaret. (Not before having a lovely glass of wine at an Italian. Aw it was sex in a glass! Not had wine in 4 months!!!!) The show was fantastic!



A couple of days later I was to start my adventure once again, alone. Oh and what a start I had.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment