Saturday 2 March 2013

Lifeguard Duty

I arrived in Bali after a 30 minute flight from Surabaya and sailed through customs and passport control.....because there wasn't one when arriving on a 'domestic' flight.  I was literally bent over and ass raped by the taxi driver..the git!  One of my biggest bug bares whilst travelling.  It appears that ALL the taxi drivers at airports and ports are in on it too.


My hotel was lovely.  The room was huge and so was my bed and most of all, I had a private bathroom YES!!!  No more waking up with stomach pains because I had to hold my farts in from the night before.  That night I just chilled, watch a film on my laptop (thanks bro) and ate some noodles I'd bought from the shop.


The next couple of days I just lounged around and spent the day by the pool.  I would say that I had a lovely lie in every morning but it seems that my room cleaner (I say this because it was a guy) decided my room was to be cleaned anywhere between the hours of 8:30am and 9am...the bugger.  Although I had to eventually get up and wrap some item of clothing round me (because I can sleep naked now too!) before he barged in, I often told him 'no thank you, not today' but I was already awake now!  Where is my 'Do Not Disturb' sign????


After a few days I decided to get off my ass and see some of the island.  The 'cheapest' way was to rent a car with a driver.  It was 450,000 rupiah (£32).  This is another bug bare....not being able to share costs with anyone.  We went to a few different temples, a coffee plantation (where I got to taste animal poo coffee), a monkey forest (where I held a mahoosive bat!) and Tanah Lot Temple.  The idea was to see Tanah Lot (a famous temple here) at sunset, however, once again the clouds had not dispersed all day so we headed back.  I really enjoyed the day.


'my wings are like a shield of steele'...haha Batfink
Tanah Lot Temple
On my last day in Legion I was just gonna pool it all day.  Thanks to my room cleaner, who was knocking on the door relentlessly as i'd left the key in it, I was up for 9am.  Breakfast then pool.  It was nice to see some eye candy in it for a change.  Three aussie guys propping up the swim up bar.  The one in the middle was hot AND he kept turning around to look at me (or in my direction anyway).  There was only an old couple next to me so he must have haha!  Every so often he left his mates and came and swam over to my end of the pool, took a breather (or had a closer look) and swam back.  I gave him a smile everytime.  At one point I was taking a dip and he'd swam over, again, on his own and stopped next to me.  I smiled and said hi which he returned.... then pissed off back to his mates and they buggered off for lunch!  Typical lol!

LOL! I wish this was the Aussie....hello my Hawaii 5 0
I was reading my kindle and laughing at the book I was into.  It was called 'Blood, Sweat and Tea'.  A blog (and now a book) by a paramedic on his day to day life at work as an ambulance driver.  I looked up for a second and saw a kid pissing about in the pool....or so I thought.  The pool here is quite deep in areas so much so I can't even stand up.  After reading chapter after chapter of medical emergencies, I was sure the boy was in trouble.  He kept bobbing up and down and calling to his younger sister (in Balinese).  A second or two later I decided to go in after him and swing for him later if he was messing around.  So, I jumped off my lounger and dived into the pool at top speed (didn't even know I could dive anymore as I'd not done it for years).


You see, now I know why Baywatch babes wear swimsuits and NOT bikinis....so they don't fall off when you dive in the save someone!!!  Yes people, my bottoms were round my knees and my top was round my waist!!!  So, at the same time I was swimming to get the boy (about 12 years old) I was frantically trying to pull up my bottoms and top.  When I'd grabbed him and pulled him to the side of the pool, in the shallow end, I was sure my left boob was still out!  It was then that another guy grabbed him and pulled him out leaving me to 'sort myself out'.  We sat him up as he was still breathing and fully aware, thank god.  After he calmed down and I was sure he was ok I swam off back to my lounger.  Once out, I realised my bikini top was upside down with the tag out.  I got back in the pool to turn it back around and then went back to my book.  A few minutes later the guy who helped me bought me a beer.  How nice.  Shame he was 50 odd and had a Balinese wife and a small child.  It was a good call though because I was shaking a little afterwards having realised what I had just done.
As for the parents.....there weren't any.  He was maybe the child of one of the staff here and him and his sister just wanted to use the pool today.  I don't know.


I'm going to thank the 'paramedic blog guy' who's book I was reading because I probably wouldn't have acted so fast.  Maybe I would have....I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment