Thursday 11 October 2012

Xi'an Baby

Arrive in Xi'an 19 hours later and my new adventure began.  Decided to get settled in and stay in the hostel updating photos's and my diary.  I was knackered.

The next day I went to the Bell and Drum Towers and had a wonder around town to get my bearings after a well needed lie in.  Decided to book the Tang Dynasty Dance and Dumpling Dinner for the night time.  Went down to reception and met up with 2 girls - cousins - from New Zealand and Australia who were on the trip too.  Had a really really great night.  The food and the show was amazing!




Day 3 I'd booked on the Terracotta Warriors tour and discovered that the girls were on it too.  Great stuff.  We were all well excited to see it.  Glad we had a guide because it made it more interesting.  Even the guy who discovered the first Terracotta Warrior was there signing books WOW!! even though he was about 100 yrs old - what, no pension here???? lol.  Lunch wasn't included but only cost us £3 for a huge amount.  Had sweet and sour chicken, bacon and pepper dish, tomato and egg dish, soup, rice and some funny potatoes covered in caramel to name a few.



That night I decided to venture out and get the bus to the Wild Goose Pagoda.  Our guide had told us they do a light, water and sound show every night at 8:30pm.  Was well nervous getting on the bus, alone, in the dark, not knowing where to get off but hey ho...I only had that night to see it so gave myself no choice.  Did really well and got off at the right stop.  The show was good and the park area was beautiful, lit up with all different lights but left a few minutes early so the buses weren't too crowded.



Thought I would get on the bus at the same bus stop as I knew it looped round.  So I thought.  Ended up in the bloody bus depot, just me and the driver HA HA!!  Got a strange look of him when I got off.  So here I was alone, in a part of town I didn't know so I did what I have done before here.....sat down and had a cig to think things through.  It worked.  Thought that if this was the end of the route, there had to be a bus stop nearby.  Five minutes later and I was safely back on the 601, although, I think the driver had to be somewhere....wacky races or what.  At one point he screech to a holt and a young chinese girls flew from one end of the bus to the other as she stood to get of...hilarious!

Last day today so went to the City Wall.  I heard you could hire a bike for 1 hour and 40 minutes and ride the wall.  I thought...peace of piss.  OMG I was wrong!  An hour and half later I was three quarters of the way round and my ass was killing.  Dropped the bike off a the West Gate and decided to walk the rest.  After all it was only round the corner......an hour later LOL!  It was really quiet on the wall so put my headphones in and had a little sing song on the way ha.



Really enjoyed my time here.  Walked round like a movie star because lots of locals wanted pictures of me.  Off to Chengdu in an hour by plane - no seats on the trains left (what a shame hahaha).  Very excited.  Just seem to be running on adrenaline daily but I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment