Thursday 20 December 2012

Nha Trang & Biker Tour

Arrived in Nha Trang after a sleepless night on the overnight bus from Saigon.  Checked into my new hostel Forget Me Not.  I treated myself to a single room as it was cheaper than a dorm???? Crazy eh.

Sleeper Bus
Decided to go get breakfast then headed back to the hotel for a sleep, I was knackered.  When I got back I enquired about a trip to Dalat.  Someone in Saigon told me it was a great place to see.  The guy went and got a tour guide from round the corner.  Turns out they did a 3 day bike tour visiting the 'real' Vietnam and it incorporated Dalat.  Was quite expensive but thought....this is why i'm here.  Not just to follow the tourist route and I would save my pennies elsewhere. That afternoon I found a great restaurant opposite the beach and got online for a while.  I waited for the sun to set and headed over the road to watch it.  Was really peaceful sat on the sand listening to the waves and watching the sky turn colour.  That was of course until a local boy came and sat next to me.  He was mostly deaf and was communicating by writing on his phone.  I thought...'what is he selling' and it appeared to be nothing until......I told him I was leaving and he showed me a picture of 2 people having sex and pointed at me and him!!!!!!  In no uncertain term I told him to F off!


Woke up at 4am scratching the hell out of my ankles.  I'd been bit rotten!  I was in a really bad mood. Two nights without a decent sleep!

The next day after sleeping until 12pm, I decided to go to the beach.  Later that evening I went to a bar called Oasis.  The staff were really friendly and all took turns talking to me.  Later I realised that they did this as my drink was low then asked if i would like another LOL! Four drinks later I went home.  My trip was the next day.


Happy Buddha = Me!
My guide 'Ha' was outside waiting for me at 8am.  We loaded up and set off.  We stopped off for breakfast and had a noodle soup with a fried egg in it.  YUM!  Then we went to a Buddhist Monastary.  He nicknamed me the 'Happy Buddha' because of my belly and I was always smiling.  The latter saved him from a crack haha!  Throughout the day we visited various plantations including coffee, pepper, chocolate and rubber.  We had to stop often though because my ass was well numb.  At one point I couldn't move my leg to get it over the bike to get off hahahaha.  The poor bugger was stung by a bee on the drive and later that evening at dinner he came out with pink powder all over his neck (where he was stung).

picking coffee
rubber tree
me and Ha having dinner and a drink
pink stuff for the bee sting
The next day was my absolute highlight.  We went to Dray Nur waterfall.  I had a dip and stood underneath the smaller waterfall and Ha took some great photos.  I did fall on my ass getting in though on the slippery rocks so I slid in on my butt.




Later we saw people harvesting rice and then went for lunch.  I love this food! After, he arranged for an elephant ride around the local village.  I loved it!!!  On the way back the elephant took us in the river and walked back to the restaurant that was.  It was great fun, although, when he ducked his head in the river to cool off I nearly went straight over the top of him hahaha!  After that, his keeper splashed him to cool him instead.  After this we set off again.  We arrived at Lak Resort on the lake and I wondered what we were seeing here.  Ha told me we were staying here tonight.  WOW!!! It was amazing! I had my own cabin right on the lake, a swimming pool and lush greenery everywhere.  After watching the sunset on the lake I joined Ha and his mate Ha (I know..funny) for dinner.




sunset on the lake
The next morning we headed for Dalat.  It wasn't as amazing as I thought but the ride back to Nha Trang the following day was amazing.  We took the 'new' road through the mountains and stopped at waterfalls and great views all the way.  When we were almost back he stopped at a local shop and had me making rice paper.  It was great fun.  


check me out!!



I arrived at the True Friends hostel and bid farewell to Ha.  I wanted to go to the mud baths so I booked it for the next day.  I met a girl in my dorm called Amy.  She was lovely.  We got talking and she booked on the same tour the next day.

The next morning we went for breakfast at the Oasis bar then off we went to the mud baths.  The mud was more like chocolate milk than the stuff that pigs roll in.  It was lush.  After, we went in the mineral baths and then to the swimming pool.  It was full of kids running riot!! We'd forgot it was Sunday.  We went for lunch where I introduced Amy to the fried egg and noodle soup.  She loved it.  We left early to get away from the kids and went for a massage.

(Lost the pics of the mud baths...gutted! Find out how in the next blog...)

After a nice relaxing hour I took Amy back to the Oasis bar where we indulged in a few cocktails. The staff were all over me again and Amy was laughing.  They were hugging me and chatting to us until we left.  Had to leave fore 6pm as my night bus to Hoi An was at 6:30pm.  So I bid my farwell's and off I went into the another sleepless night.

No comments:

Post a Comment